Saturday 3 July 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

This is my fave book of the series, I have this theory that the penultimate book/season/film in a series is always the best one and so far it's always proved to be true. My fave season of Star Trek: TNG is Season 6, my Harry Potter novel is Half-Blood Prince, my fave Twilight novel is Eclipse, my fave Star Wars film is Empire Strikes Back, and so on.
So a midnight preview showing of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse appealed to me on several levels. One that I get to see it before a lot of people. Two that it proves that I'm not some old maid who has to be in bed before ten. Three that I can still enjoy getting glammed up and going out. Four that I can take advantage of a day off work to do something that I can enjoy that isn't housework.
The film is very good, it featured all my best scenes from the book and put them up on screen. It's also got some great moments of comedy too, Charlie Swann's dry dead pan acting just made slightly amusing one-liners into huge laugh out loud moments. All the Cullen siblings get a moment to shine, although the focus is on Edward (naturally), Rosealie & Jasper. Poor Esme hardly gets any screen time at all, although Carlisle gets a little more. Victoria's general Riley gets a lot more screen time, which is necessary I guess to build him up as more of a threat for the final battle. It's a good film and it leaves things in a good state for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn...

No comments:

Post a Comment